The Timberline Mobile Phase Heaters are used to heat the mobile phase before it enters a semi-preparative or preparative HPLC column. The advantages of operating at elevated column temperatures are plentiful. It has been shown that lowering mobile phase viscosity by operating at elevated temperatures can enhance column efficiency. Controlling column temperature improves retention time reproducibility for individual sample components. Achieving higher column efficiencies and maintaining retention time stability results in higher yields for preparative HPLC systems.
Mobile Phase Heater
Each mobile phase heater is custom made to accommodate the customer’s flow rate and temperature requirements without excess holdup volume. The TL-600 accommodates mobile phases flowing as fast as 100mL/min and temperatures as high as 90°C. For higher flow rates, Timberline offers a TL-2500 Mobile Phase Heater. The heating unit for the mobile phase heaters consists of two lengths of tubing cast into a solid metal block. One coil can be used to heat lower flow rates while two coils can be connected in series for increased heating capacity. The metal alloy block provides excellent temperature stability and efficient heat transfer. The tubing is coiled in a unique pattern that minimized the size and weight of the unit and reduces band broadening.
The electronics for temperature control are housed in a separate case, away from the heated block, to ensure years of trouble free operations. The control unit displays the actual temperature and the set point. This calibrated temperature controller keeps temperature of coils within ±0.1°C of the set point. The control unit will shut power off to heaters if temperature exceeds fuse rating, protecting the laboratory and column from excessive temperatures. For pricing info, click here.
Need higher temperatures, larger flow rates, or different materials? We can design a heater to meet your needs.
- Improves retention time reproducibility
- Compact and convenient, replaces troublesome water baths
- Safe and efficient
- Temperature Range Ambient+5°C to 90°C
- Temperature Stability ± 0.1°C
- Heater Unit Case Dimensions 5.25″H x 8.625″W x 13.5″D
- Controller Case Dimensions 3.25″H x 8″W x 9″D
- Tubing Coil Length Application Dependent
- Tubing Material 316 Stainless Steel (1/16″ OD x 0.040″ ID), Hastelloy C® (1/16″ x 0.030″ ID)
- Controller Operating Voltage 120VAC or 240VAC
- TL-2500 Mobile Phase Heater, 120VAC, SS flat coils (1/8″ OD X 0.085 ID) – Parts Number: 2500-1
- TL-2500 Mobile Phase Heater, 240VAC, SS flat coils (1/8″ OD X 0.085 ID) – Parts Number: 2500-2
- TL-2500 Mobile Phase Heater, 120VAC, Hastelloy flat coils (1/8″ OD X 0.085 ID) – Parts Number: 2500-H-1
- TL-2500 Mobile Phase Heater, 240VAC, Hastelloy flat coils (1/8″ OD X 0.085 ID)- Parts Number: 2500-H-2
- TL-600 Mobile Phase Heater, 120VAC, SS coils (1/16″ OD X 0.04″ ID), Serpentine Configuration- Parts Number: 2600-1
- TL-600 Mobile Phase Heater, 240VAC, SS coils (1/16″ OD X 0.04″ ID Coils), Serpentine Configuration- Parts Number: 2600-2
- TL-600 Mobile Phase Heater, 120VAC, Hastelloy coils (1/16″ OD X 0.03″ ID), Serpentine Configuration- Parts Number: 2620-1
- TL-600 Mobile Phase Heater, 240VAC, Hastelloy coils (1/16″ OD X 0.03″ ID), Serpentine Configuration- Parts Number: 2620-2
- TL-150 Temperature controller, 120VAC- Parts Number: 2615-1
- TL-150 Temperature controller, 240VAC- Parts Number: 2615-2
For pricing, information such as your voltage and maximum flow rate, will help us to quote the best system for your application. Please fill out a Request a Quote form, which includes this information, to help us give you an accurate price based off the instrument you want. You can also contact us directly via email@example.com or 800.777.5996.
If you are unsure of which fluid heater (column or mobile phase heater) you need, visit our fluid heater guide for suggestions.